Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Another Competition


After having my paintings rejected from the last two juried competitions I entered another one. Like most artists I am just a glutton for punishment. A lot of people see me as being a skeptic or being cynical. This is true, to an extent. The fact that I keep entering competitions after being rejected must say that there is a certain amout of hope in me. The fact that I keep painting after 30 + years of little or no success must also say that I have a sense of hope. Either that or I am a complete idiot. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions.


Well, this competition was just for landscapes. Most of my paintings are landscapes so this seemed like a good fit. It was also juried by a group so this gave me better odds of having my paintings accepted. This show should give me some pretty good exposure. The exhibit will be shown online and will stay up for one full year. According to this organization, they get about 650,000 hits a month. If that is only half true it is still pretty good. Hopefully a sale or two will come from this.

Both of these paintings are oil on a hardwood panel. They each measure 18" X 24" and have a simple black and gold frame. They were both completed in May, 2006.

7 Comments:

Blogger tlwest said...

Good luck I just entered a couple in a local show myself.

3:47 PM  
Blogger amber said...

hi ed
nice to see your work,i like it very much
if I were in the jury,you'd be in

10:16 PM  
Blogger Tracy Helgeson said...

Uh, Ed, didn't we recently establish that by talking about entering a competition before you know the results could create a jinx??? Are you crazy, writing about this:-)??

I like the one on top quite a bit, it has a nice graphic quality about it.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Ed Maskevich said...

Amber, thanks for the kind words. Hey Jenn, you live in LaLa land. How could you not be cynical? Actually, I like LA and I've even been to Pasedena. Hey Tracy, actually I got everything accepted into the show. I needed a win after the last 2 losses. And how could I forget the jinx thing? I'll do better next time.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Tracy Helgeson said...

Oh, ok, phew! I see that I clearly wasn't paying close attention to the 2nd paragraph while I was reading it:-)

6:03 PM  
Blogger amber said...

congrats ed

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again Ed

congratulations about getting your pics accepted ... nice feeling after a rejection, eh? Be sure and post the URL where we can see the exhibits when they are up?

and I hope you win and sell!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home